Here is some recent feedback on our work in schools
Hounsdown School – Citizenship Theme Day – 2016
“Dear Jan, Tash and Matt,
I would like to say a huge thank you from myself and on behalf of Hounsdown school for delivering a session at our Citizenship Theme Day. Feedback was extremely positive from both students and staff and we can not thank you enough for delivering some very personal/ important/ challenging messages for our students.
You must feel like part of the furniture and we are extremely grateful that you work so closely with us.” ~ L Shuttleworth
Hounsdown School – Year 8 “Sexting” Workshop – March 2016
“Hi Jan, Tash, Sandra and Matt,
I just wanted to say a personal thank you from myself and Belinda my SLT Line Manager for the high quality sessions you have put on for us on sex and relationships across Year 9 and your sexting workshop with Year 8. The students get a huge amount from it and your expertise and professionalism means you can deliver these topics far better than we could ever!
Look forward to working with you in the future, I am sure it won’t be too long before you are in again!” ~ L Shuttleworth
“A massive thanks for the group work, I think our students got a lot out of it.
Keen to do some work with our younger ones in the future, when you get a chance!” ~ Miss Spriggs Dec 2015
On a recent visit to Hounsdown School to work with Year 8 students on friendships, relationships, and keeping safe we received the following feedback:
- 82% of young people attending the session felt they either learnt something new or it reinforced their current knowledge
- 97% students felt that it was important for them to know about and understand Self Esteem and the impact it might have on them forming safe relationships
- Overall, 149 young people felt they would feel confident in accessing the It’s Your Choice services about these or other personal issues
Testwood Sports College
On a recent visit to Testwood Sports College to talk to Year 9 students about substance misuse we received the following feedback:
- 98 % felt that it was relevant and important for young people of their age range to be aware of.
- 89% of the students participating in the presentation felt they had increased their knowledge on the subject .
- 114 (97%) of young people felt they would be able to access the service of It’s Your Choice or a similar support agency about this or another issue.
On a recent visit to Arnewood School to talk to a small group (6 young people) Year 7 pupils about self-esteem we received the following feedback:
- 100% of the young people attending the course felt they had learnt something new in their personal development
- 83% felt that it had been an interesting and enjoyable course.
- 83% (5 out of the 6) felt that it was important for them to know how to develop their self-esteem.
Testwood Sports College
On a recent visit to Testwood Sports College to talk to Year 9 pupils about safer relationships we received the following feedback:
- 109 (89%) students participating felt they had increased their knowledge on Safer Relationships from attending the session.
- 98% felt that that it was important and relevant to them to learn about forming safer relationships
- 89% of the young people felt that they would recommend attending this workshop to other young people.
If we’ve recently visited your school, college, or youth group we’d love to hear your feedback. We’d also love to hear from you if you’ve recently accessed our service on an individual basis.
You can email any feedback you have to email@example.com