It’s Your Choice provides confidential and free information, support, advice and counselling for young people, aged between 12 and 25 years old, living in the New Forest area via a range of services.
Our office opening hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 5pm.
Current It’s Your Choice services (please click on the links for more information about each service):
- Future All NEET Service – available in the New Forest (except Waterside), Andover & Winchester. For young people aged 16-18 needing careers help post formal education.
- Housing 18+ Service – available across the New Forest for young people aged 18-25 needing support with housing and homelessness.
- Counselling – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who would benefit from short-term counselling.
- Targeted Support Service – starting 1st April 2017, available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-19 who need support with a range of issues.
- Help Through Crisis – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who need one-to-one support with a range of issues.
- Back on Track – offered at our Totton base a 10 week programme who young people aged 17+ who aren’t currently in education, employment or training. Leading to an Asdan short course qualification.
- Drop-in Sessions – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who need one off or ongoing information, advice, and guidance on all issues relating to young people or referral to other services.
If you would like to be referred to one of our services, please fill in a referral form, and bring it to a drop-in session. You can also fill in a referral form on behalf of a young person if you are a social worker, youth adviser, or other practitioner.
For full details of our drop-in sessions, please visit our Find Us page, or call 023 8086 4231 to confirm times and locations.
Need help outside of office hours?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide a 24 hour service to our young people, so if you find yourself needing help the following names and telephone numbers may be useful:
- Your own GP/NHS out of hours: 111
- Samaritans: 116 123
- New Forest District Council: 023 8028 5234
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444
- Frank: 0300 123 6600
- Children’s Services: 0300 555 1373
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Let’s Talk About It: 0300 300 2016
Alternatively you can leave a message on our freephone helpline: 0800 515 819, office line 023 8086 4231, or email us at email@example.com, and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
If you are a parent, carer or family member of someone (aged 5-19) with a disability or additional needs, you may benefit from the services offered by Parent Link.