It’s Your Choice provides confidential and free information, support, advice and counselling for young people, aged between 12 and 25 years old, living in the New Forest area via a range of services.
Our office opening hours are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 5pm.
Current It’s Your Choice services (please click on the links for more information about each service):
- Housing 18+ Service – available across the New Forest for young people aged 18-25 needing support with housing and homelessness.
- Counselling – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who would benefit from short-term counselling.
- Targeted Youth Support Service – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-19 who need support with a range of issues.
- Help Through Crisis – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who need one-to-one support with a range of issues.
- Back on Track – offered at our Totton base a 10 week programme who young people aged 17+ who aren’t currently in education, employment or training. Leading to an Asdan short course qualification.
- Drop-in Sessions – available across the New Forest for young people aged 11-25 who need one off or ongoing information, advice, and guidance on all issues relating to young people or referral to other services.
- Money Advice Service – targeting young people facing debt and financial management issues.
If you would like to be referred to one of our services, please fill in a referral form, and bring it to a drop-in session. You can also fill in a referral form on behalf of a young person if you are a social worker, youth adviser, or other practitioner.
For full details of our drop-in sessions, please visit our Find Us page, or call 023 8086 4231 to confirm times and locations.
Need help outside of office hours?
Unfortunately we are unable to provide a 24 hour service to our young people, so if you find yourself needing help the following names and telephone numbers may be useful:
- Your own GP/NHS out of hours: 111
- Samaritans: 116 123
- New Forest District Council: 023 8028 5234
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444
- Frank: 0300 123 6600
- Children’s Services: 0300 555 1373
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Let’s Talk About It: 0300 300 2016
Alternatively you can leave a message on our freephone helpline: 0800 515 819, office line 023 8086 4231, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
If you are a parent, carer or family member of someone (aged 5-19) with a disability or additional needs, you may benefit from the services offered by Parent Link.