When we’re under pressure we can experience a range of emotions including anxiety, frustration, and anger. Knowing how to deal with these feelings positively can improve your overall mental health and stop situations getting out of hand.
Here are our top tips for dealing with feelings of pressure in a positive way:
- Get enough sleep
- Join a self-help group
- Have counselling
- Chat to friends on the phone or in person about your feelings
- Recognise how you’re feeling and deal with it positively
- Get some anger management/anxiety training
- Get outside – fresh air and exercise is scientifically proven to help feelings of stress, anxiety, and pressure
- Start a new hobby
- Practice breathing exercises
- Step away from stimulants such as drugs, alcohol, caffeine, and sugary foods
- Go for a long walk
- Talk to other people in a similar situation
- End a harmful relationship
- Get back into education and use your brain
- Take some “me time” and relax with a book, magazine, film, or TV programme
- Accept yourself and how you feel – no one is perfect
Not sure where to start? We have trained staff that can help you recognise how you’re feeling and teach you different methods to deal with pressure positively.
You can call our main office on 023 8086 4231 for more information about our services.